Video Class: How to Knit Moss Stitch Beanie Step-by-Step
In this class, you will learn how to knit Loopy Mango's Moss Stitch Beanie step-by-step. This is a great next level project for those who have knit their first hat or scarf.
Note: This is a pre-recorded video class that you can access whenever you want. Materials (Merino No. 5 yarn and needles) are NOT included with purchase of class.
This hat is knit in the round from the bottom-up. First a 1x1 rib is worked on size US 15 needles, then moss stitch is worked on size US 19 needles. The crown is formed by a series of simple decreases.
Finished measurements: width - 8.5’’ (ribbing), 10.5’’ (widest point); length - 10’’
Level: Beginner Knitter
Skills required for this class:
- Cast on
- Knit stitch
What You'll Learn
- How to knit in the round
- How to do the following stitches: purl, 1x1 rib, and moss (seed)
- How to count rounds of a project
- How to do simple decreases (k2tog)
- How to weave in ends on a project
- How to fix common mistakes
- Digital knitting patterns for this design
- Step-by-step video instructions on making this project from start to finish
- Reference library for all stitches and techniques used in this class
- 1 Ball Loopy Mango Merino No. 5 Yarn (5.3 oz 150 g 74 yards 68 m), 100% Merino Wool
- Size 15 (10 mm) 20'' (50 cm) Circular Knitting Needles
- Size 19 (15 mm) 20'' (50 cm) Circular Knitting Needles