DIY Kit - Cable Poncho - Merino No. 5
DIY Kit - Cable Poncho
This poncho is worked from the bottom up in pieces, then sewn together at the shoulders and sides. Circular needles are used for front and back to accommodate the large number of stitches; do not join. You may work from the text instructions or the charts for the cable pattern.
Level: Adventurous Intermediate
One Size- Adult
Scroll right to see full chart:
28” (71 cm)
28" (71 cm)
- Loopy Mango Merino No. 5 Yarn 74 yds 68 m | 150 g 5.3 oz each, 100% merino wool
- Size US 17 (12 mm) circular needles 20'' (50 cm) in length - optional
- Size US 19 (15 mm) circular needles 32'' (80 cm) in length - optional
- Size US 19 (15 mm) cable needle - optional
- Loopy Mango project bag
- Knitting Needles - OPTIONAL
NOTE: A tapestry needle may be helpful when seaming and securing all loose ends.
Care: Dry clean or hand wash cold, lay flat to dry. Please test any washing/drying method on a small swatch to ensure you like the end result. Note that exposing wool to heat (hot water) or agitation (machine washing) will cause it to felt.
Fiber Content Note: Merino No. 5 TWEED colors Blacksmith, Flamingo, Blue Lagoon and Stardust have different fiber content: 80% Merino Wool, 14% Wool, 6% Viscose
Yarn made in Italy, kit assembled in the USA.
Shown in Polar Bear, Purple Rain, and Rococo Pink.
Helpful video tutorials for this project: