Happy Mittens - PATTERN- Dream (Merino Worsted)
This listing is for the pattern only. After checkout, you will receive a digital copy of the pattern by email.
These mittens are knit one at a time in the round, from cuff to top of hand. Stitches are placed on hold to work the thumb after the rest of the mitten is complete. The cuff of each mitten is worked with two strands of yarn held together, while the rest of the mittens are worked with single strands of yarn.
If you would like to buy the full DIY Kit for these mittens you can do so here.
ONE SIZE - MAKES MATCHING PAIR OF MITTENS TO FIT AVERAGE ADULT
Pattern level: Intermediate
- 2 balls of Loopy Mango Dream Yarn 109 yds 100 m | 50 g 1.8 oz each, 100% merino wool
- Size US 7 (4.5 mm) 29'' (74 cm) Circular Knitting Needles OR Size US 7 (4.5 mm) double-pointed needles - optional
- Size US 10 (6 mm) 32'' (80 cm) Circular Knitting Needles OR Size US 10 (6 mm) double-pointed needles - optional
Gauge: Stockinette stitch on size US 7 (4.5 mm) needles: 20 sts & 26 rows/4” (10 cm)
Scroll right to see full chart:
8” (20 cm)
9.5” (24 cm)
2 balls (1 of each color)
Helpful video tutorials for this project:
- How to: Magic Loop
- M1R-Right Slanting Increase
- M1L-Left Slanting Increase
- How to knit two together (K2TOG)
- How to Decrease: Slip Slip Knit (SSK)
- How to Increase: Knit Front and Back (KFB)