Video Class: How To Knit Sweetheart Sweater Step-by-Step
In this class, you will learn how to knit Loopy Mango Sweetheart Sweater step-by-step. The easy construction of this design makes it a great next level project for those who have knit hats and scarves.
Note: This is a pre-recorded video class that you can access whenever you want. Materials (Merino No. 5 yarn, US 15 (10 mm), and US 17 (12 mm) needles) are NOT included with purchase of class.
The body of this sweater is knit flat in separate pieces. The front panel features simple shaping for the raglan armholes. The back panel features additional shaping to create a keyhole effect. Each sleeve is knit separately from the cuff up, first in the round and then flat. Stitches for the neckline are picked up from the body and worked in the round.
Level: Intermediate Knitter
Skills required for this class:
- Cast on
- Knit stitch
- Purl stitch
- Cast off
What You'll Learn
- How to read a basic knitting pattern
- How to make a gauge swatch
- How to create a keyhole design by using simple increases and decreases
- How to seam sides of a garment
- How to weave in ends on a project
- How to fix common mistakes
- Digital knitting pattern for this design in Merino No. 5 yarn.
- Step-by-step video instructions on making this project from start to finish
- Reference library for all stitches and techniques used in this class
- Loopy Mango Merino No. 5 Yarn (5.3 oz 150 g 74 yards 68 m), 100% Merino Wool
- Size US 15 (10 mm) circular needles
- Size US 17 (12 mm) circular needles